"Life opens up in so many different ways when your light has been awakened"
- Panache Desai
What is Reiki
Reiki is a holistic form of Universal Energy Healing discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan in the early 1900's. Techniques are used to assist the recipient in bringing about balance to the physical, mental, subtle and spiritual aspects of themselves, to support mental clarity, physical and spiritual well-being. In Japanese, the word "rei" refers to a higher intelligence that permeates all living and nonliving entities and guides the inherent functioning of the universe. The word "ki" refers to the nonphysical energy that flows through everything that is alive, including plants, animals, and human beings—because of this, ki is also often called "life force energy," and is known as qi or chi from other lineages. The combination of these two words is what defines reiki as "spiritually guided life-force energy."
What to Expect
Relax, while you lie comfortably on a massage table and receive healing energy as I channel it through my hands to your body. Reiki energy is intuitive and knows where to go in your body, mind and subtle/energy pathways, charging you with positive energy. Negative energy, stored in the physical body, such as stress, anxiety, physical pain, trauma, grief, sadness, confusion, etc.—begins to loosen its grip. In addition to reiki, I provide other clearing and cleansing modalities such as, aura cleansing, guided meditation, sound vibration therapy, crystal therapy, and aromatherapy to enhance your overall intuitive self-healing experience.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki benefits our health through stress reduction, muscle relaxation and increased circulation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system) to improve and maintain health.
- In the quest for spiritual growth, Reiki brings about inner peace and harmony through the balancing of mind and emotions.
- Enhances memory, learning and mental clarity.
- Assists with relief of symptoms from headaches, upset stomach, chronic fatigue, menopause, insomnia, sprains and minor conditions just to name a few.
- Promotes psychological healing including anger, worry, sadness, and other unhealthy feelings and replaces them with self-worth, confidence and tranquility.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- Cases of "miraculous" results with the use of Reiki have been reported.
Energy therapy is a natural method of energy balancing and release of energy blockages in the energetic system, but is not meant as a substitute for medical, or psychological, diagnosis and treatment. Energy practitioners do not diagnose conditions, nor do they perform medical treatment, prescribe substances, or interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional. Energy therapy or any other natural healing therapy should not compete with medical doctors and their treatments. All therapies are meant to complement medical treatments.
About Shannon as a Healer
Shannon started her personal healing path through sobriety in 2002 and later became a yoga teacher in 2010 and a yoga teacher trainer. It is her greatest joy and her soul's mission to help others along their own healing journey; mind, body, and spirit.
When she traveled to India, she felt as if she had been there before. Shannon felt an energetic shift and received spontaneous healing of trauma stored in her body and mind. It was at that moment that she knew she was being called to embrace who she is as a natural healer.
Shannon is a reiki master practitioner of Usui Reiki, Kundalini Reiki & Arcturian Reiki, she is an energy channel, psychic, intuitive healer, an avid meditator and a natural teacher. She helps others discover their own innate ability to heal themselves and guides them through the process of embodiment. Through her practices, her clients and students begin to experience expanded awareness, bliss as their natural state of being and collective consciousness.